Old 04-05-10, 04:56 AM
mihlbach

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
I'm using 32mm (claimed) Top Contacts on my Rob Roy Commuter @205 pounds. They are very nice tires. No flats in over 3000 miles and still lots of tread left on the rear. The sidewalls are surprisingly supple and they actually roll better than gatorskins IMO. I keep expecting the sidewalls to give out, but so far the sidewalls are holding out nicely and based on how well they are holding up, I expect several thousand more miles out of the rear. Based on my experience, the Top Contacts should easily outlast any other tire on your list.

My only complaints are (1) initially the tread is a bit too thick and they feel a bit squishy when cornering. However after a few thousand miles the tread has worn down a bit and now they handle very nicely. (2) The tires are much narrower than claimed...they are really more like 28s. (3) The max PSI on the sidewall is too low especially when carrying a load..I think this is related to the fact that the tires are much narrower than claimed. I run mine closer to 90-100 PSI with no problems.