Old 04-14-10, 03:27 AM
ratherbpiping

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerobaticDreams
Current update to the information on what happened is this:

Three Redlands East Valley HS students (in three cars) who live in the Highland area were racing each other to school.

REV is a fairly new school (known as being for the rich and priveliged of the area),

That said, locals supporting the school have already started the "He's a great kid who made one tiny mistake" type of talk to try and get him out of facing the charges.

I love how people present therories as fact.

I am aware that there was at least one passenger in one of the cars, there for there must have been at least four students. Others have reported that the fact is there were four cars. Interesting facts.

REV is a public high school. Don't know where the priveleldged thing comes from. I think probably more of the well to do's at Redlands high school, since its area has some pretty upscale housing in it.

Based on that I question what you present as fact.

Fact, car versus bicycle, Car will win. Cars can be dangerous if not used responsibly. Fact, Greenspot road is narrow, and many people who use the road do drive too fast. Fact, the city of Redlands has no bike lanes. IT is home to the Redlands Bicycle Classic but it does not support biking.

I am not condoning the kids driving habits. Only that the facts are bad enough, no need to embellish. LEt's stick to facts.

I do agree with getting the dangers out there by making sure people know of this accident and learn from the mistakes of others.