Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a1rabbit
Single Person.[/B]

MSR Hubba Tent
$280
1.5kg or 3.3lbs
I know the brand name, looks like what I need. Most expensive on the list.

Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 SL
$255
1.3kg or 2.9lbs
Nice and light. Suffers from lots of guy-lines and possible leaks, I saw a workaround in reviews somewhere for the leak. Seems I should just get the MSR for a couple extra bucks.
I have the Seedhouse SL1, and have used it for a little over a year now. I really like how compact and portable it is, as well as the ease of setup and takedown. It's a light, flat green, so it fits in well when you need to be discrete in your campsite selection.

I typically don't use the guy lines, but simply tack it down at four corners with some of the small stakes provided with it, and have not had any trouble with wind, leaks, etc. Having gone suddenly from sleeping under the stars or using a simple fly, having the floored inner (and bugproof) tent has been very nice ;-)

It is pretty small inside, though... definitely a one-person tent if that person is adult and of average size. Most of my "tours" to date have been solo overnighters, and I tend to pack light, so that hasn't been a big problem. I bought one of the Seedhouse SL2 2-person tents late last fall and have used it twice, it's a bit roomier and lets me bring the panniers and stuff inside... the vestibule for both the Seedhouse tents is rather small. The SL2 packs about half again larger than the SL1, but either are pretty simple to pack away...