View Single Post
Old 04-17-10, 10:41 AM
rubberbandito

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edwong3
The freewheel listed on that link is an 11-30, though I vaguely remember that there is a 7 speed 11-32 available somewhere. Also noticed that they sell 8, and even 9 speed freewheels in the 11-32 range. That's amazing to find those as Shimano discontinued making freewheels with an 11 tooth in the cog set.

Good to know that ComCycle's customer / tech service is willing to help out with the issue on your unit. Please keep us informed how it goes.
It is listed as a 30 but the guy selling it says its a 32. I never bothered to check.

By the way, I took it to the bike shop since I don't have the tool to take it on and off. And told them what the guy said. They thought it was strange. The mechanic said that the play in the freewheel is normal for aftermarket freewheel gear sets. He said it won't go bad anytime soon but there will always be that play in it.

We put the grease in around the bearings anyway, but it still thumps usually in the middle gears. I am not worried about it now though. I hope the mechanic is right and its no big deal.