View Single Post
Old 04-21-10, 08:06 AM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by driftwork
Vik,

I'd be very interested in hearing any thoughts you might have on the BIRDY as it might compare with the Tikit.

I imagine you've ridden a few Birdy Bikes in your travels.

There is so very little written on this forum comparing these two excellent folders, largely because -I'm guessing- there are only a few large cities where Bike Friday and Pacific bikes are available.
I've been very keen on trying out a Birdy, but I've never seen one in the flesh. I did some research at one point and was considering buying one sight unseen, but the uncertainty of how I'd like it and the high cost put me off.

I definitely will try one as soon as possible, but given that several years have passed so far no telling when that might happen!...

The other side of that coin is that the Tikit satisfies my needs so well I'm not highly motivated to buy another folder unless I can really identify what the improvement would be over my existing bike. If you ever read my blog you'll see I modify the hell out of my bikes, but my Tikit is still stock except for some Ergon Grips and Greenspeed Scorcher tires....in my bike fleet that's unheard of and a testament to how satisfied I am with it.