Old 04-23-10, 06:16 AM
cannonjoe

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Quick CX FS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Getting really fustrated, and cant decide on a new bike!

My wife has asked me to post seeking opinions....

Trek 7500 VS Kona Dew FS...or xyz or abc...

History...
She has had several really nice total "comfort" bikes, currently a Trek 7300 Multitrack and absolutely hates it! She does not have an athletic build/body type, and has never been involved in any sports or athletics. She really struggles with getting to and maintaining any cadence to speak of and as a result speed and endurance. She wants to be able to change that and use the bike not only as a form of enjoyment but as a way to improve her fitness level. We both love to ride and have access to some awesome roads/trails/paths, but she can't get to the point of any relative comfort on any bike to this point. We also travel a bit with our bikes and will be riding on all types of terrian, but no mountain/off road biking, but a lot of state parks with dirt to gravel to pavement that can be flat and hilly.

Current...
She has test drove so a lot, I mean a lot of bikes, almost all hybrid style and a few road bikes. It's a continuously moving target on her search for a bike but as of the last couple of days she has it narrowed down to a Trek 7500 and a Kona Dew FS. Both are really close to what I would categorize a comfort bike.

Sorry to be so long here, but opinions/experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you!