View Single Post
Old 04-23-10, 02:03 PM
IAmCosmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I currently have Specialized Mondo Pro tires on both of my primary bikes. I usually ride Vredsteins, but the pair on one bike was getting worn down, so I put the Specializeds on until I got new tires. I rode them and loved the way they rode. I ended up switching to them on my other bike too. One pair has about 1700-1800 miles on them. The other only has a couple hundred. So far no complaints. I run about 100 psi in them, and I weigh about 240. So far I've been pretty lucky and haven't gotten any flats in about 3 years. I'm now knocking on wood hoping that my next ride won't be riddled with flats.

But, back to the OP's question.... my father in law has Roubaix tires on his Roubaix and has no complaints. He's about 160# though. Unless the tire is getting cut or torn or something, I would blame the tube for a flat. Check to make sure it's inflated enough before EVERY ride, and if you keep getting flats, see where in the tube the hole is happening. That should lead you to the culprit. But, if it's just one random flat, chalk it up to bad luck.