Old 04-23-10, 04:55 PM
Ewanick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ewanick
So, I am in the process of getting back into the mix of things after being out for quite some time and thought I decided on a Fisher Cobia 29'er, but then I started reading about the 26" vs 29" debate and am at a loss at where to start. I do not want to drop $1,200 ($1,500 is my buget and keep in mind, my LBS sells Trek, Fisher and Felt) into a bike and regret it later. I like the feel of both a 29'er and a 26'er before; but now I am at 300lbs and 6'1", 28-29" inseam (shorter legs, long torso). I also have four years of college ahead of me and do not have the money to buy another bike down the road. When I was at a lighter weight, I enjoyed the ride of dirt packed trails (xc), downhilling, as well as rugged terrain but can't quite afford to put the money into a nice full suspension 26'er (though, I did take a look at the Trek Fuel EX 5). I know that this is quite like asking who is democratic and republican and why, but I need the input, all is welcome. Thank you.
Well, after talking to the local LBS, and explaining to them my entire situation, and checking the inventory of the manufacturers that they carry. I have finally decided and placed my order. Unfortunately, for the forum go'ers, I am going to leave it be a suprise until the "maiden voyage".