Old 04-26-10, 10:24 AM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by grolby
Is that really so confusing? I get annoyed by self-styled Cat 4 Patróns du Peloton who seek any opportunity to put a hand on the gently drifting rider that they are half-wheeling. If their safety is actually in danger, fine - but so far, I've never seen this done when it was. So it's filed away in my mental drawer of gestures by people who feel the need to express to you just how big their egos are. It's just gross, like being touched inappropriately. I would much rather be bumped by someone moving up in the pack. The hip touch feels sleazy to me. Apparently this makes me unusual; whatever, I don't care. I still think it's obnoxious. It might not be a problem in Masters or higher Cats, where I presume it would be more likely to be used to communicate something useful, rather than just showing what a Boss Bike Handler the tapper is.
What do you do when someone touches you on the hip in a race? Yell?

I don't totally understand why it bothers you so much - at least it's a soft touch, and not some idiot's hip going into your bars hard (happened to me yesterday)..

I guess you could do time trials though, you're pretty safe not having to deal with anyone in those. =]

my race videos