View Single Post
Old 04-29-10, 06:22 PM
nwmtnbkr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by morph999
Oh yeah. I have yet to find a hill that my 5303 motor could not climb. The 5303 is not the best climber. The Ezee hub motor is probably the best economical hub motor to climb hills. The crystalyte 5305 will climb probably every possible hill that you can throw at it. The nine continent's are probably pretty good too since they have good torque. Either a Ezee, 5305, or a nine continent 2807 would probably do pretty well.

I would suggest you go to the forums at Endless Sphere. Morph's in Indiana so his idea of hills and mine are totally different; I'm in NW Montana, west of Glacier National Park and we have real hills here (sorry, Morph, both of my parents were from Indiana and I've been there often enough to know the topology well). There are some members on Endless Sphere who live in mountainous areas and have hub motors and can give you input on how various models perform on steep hills. I believe one member on ES is in Montana, a bit east of me, and swears by his 5305. Of course, your controller and batteries will play a big role in how well you can harness the power of the motor. Good luck.