Old 05-05-10, 10:33 AM
LatinoHeat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clermont Florida is in the HOUSE!!!!!!!

What's up guys!!
I just moved to Clermont, Florida from Kissimmee, where I had a very active job as a gator wrestler at a park called Gatorland. As I no longer work there, I am looking for a hobby, and a form of exercise. I am not much of a gym goer. Gator bites and other injuries over the years make it tough to lift weights, or go running. So, I have rediscovered cycling. I used to do a lot of it when I was younger. As a matter of fact, back in the late 80s and early nineties, I worked as a bicycle delivery boy, and was in all my glory. I never used my car. I was a lot fitter then I am now, and, rubbing elbows with other bicycle delivery boys, I got to go on all sorts of tours and rides. However, somewhere along the way, I left my bike seat and never returned.
So, twenty some odd years later, I find myself in bad shape, more beat up and with lingering aches and pains then I would like, and looking for some form of physical activity. I have a mountain bike, which I will put slicks on. That's pretty much the only modding I will be doing on it, as I remember a time when your bike did EVERYTHING you needed it to. This bike, which is about 15 years old, is my chariot, my steed, and I just can't see myself getting another one. I am looking to do long distance riding for fun and adventure, maybe one day going solo across the US. LOL. A bit lofty a goal, I know, but one can dream, can't they? I am looking forward to reading the stories on here, and getting to know all you guys. Hopefully, this old man can still run with the young guns.