Old 05-08-10, 09:25 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
May 8th UPDATE (4,277)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-------------------------------------------------

Crunch Time! Tour de Cure Fund Raising Plea

The 2010 Tour de Cure — which supports the American Diabetes Association — is May 16th! We’ve make a lot of great progress, but we’re still $330.00 short of our goal and are soliciting your financial support. Donate at our Website Now! Our thanks to the folks [...] Read more…

The Greg Mongold Memorial Bike Ride

As I mentioned in my first entry on our friend Cliff Davis’ passing, we have lost a number of our dear friends whom we’ve met through tandem cycling over the past year. If you’ve been following my blog, you may recall my mention of our friend Neville Frost’s passing on Easter Weekend. However, before [...] Read more…

PEACHES Rides, aka. Tandem Club of Georgia gatherings

Well, we’re back on a roll… two in a row! Well sort of, we’re riding but not well and we’re skipping the post-ride social activities. After nearly 12 years of never missing a PEACHES ride, we fell off the wagon last year when I broke my lower leg and had a hard time getting back [...] Read more…

Tandem Rally Updates

This will get cross-posted over at TheTandemLink.com, but for the benefit of the folks who are following our blog, here are a couple tandem rally updates: Registration for the Southern Tandem Rally at Florence, Alabama on October 15-17 is now Open. You can learn all about the rally and download the registration form at the [...] Read more…

Ventana Triplet: If You Think This Is Nuts…

One of our list members at my off-road tandem enthusiasts discussion forum — Double Forte — stumbled upon a very unusual Ventana custom El Testigo ‘triplet’ this past week. Although the photo at right was staged, clearly Dad and the kids have had some adventures on this plus-size full-suspension, downhill tandem. You can find more [...] Read more…

Bloggishnish: There’s Done, and then there’s Un-Done…

After having myself fully committed to selling off my motorcycles, having them both listed and interested buyers lined up for the bikes as well as many of the aftermarket parts that I removed from my R1100S last weekend, I discovered my R1100S was running rough… like really rough when I fired it up last evening [...] Read more…

Cliff Davis; A Follow-Up

While work commitments precluded our attendance, several of our friends made the trip over to Tamassee, South Carolina yesterday evening for the remembrance and celebration of Cliff’s life with Lisa, Molly and Anna. The gathering was held at the aforementioned Tamassee DAR School which is also where Cliff and Lisa exchanged their wedding vows. A close [...] Read more…

Sad News: Cliff Davis of Salem, S.C.

Yesterday we were shocked and saddened to learn from friends that long-time tandem cycling friend Cliff Davis of Salem, South Carolina passed this Saturday, May 1st, while riding the Tour de Cashiers with his wife, Lisa. Based on the accounts we received, Cliff’s passing was sudden and efforts to resuscitate him were to no avail. More details [...] Read more…

Tandem Club Names; Any Missing?

After posting the Twin Cities Tandem Club’s website update I realized that no where on their Web site do they spell-out their club’s acronym nickname, LOONS. I’d always thought it was take off on the Lena & Ole jokes & stories told by Minnesotans Lena n’ Ole On Non-Singles. But, I’ve also seen the acronym [...] Read more…

New Web Site Launched For Twin Cities Tandem Club

Bruce Harries from Minnesota’s Minneapolis / St. Paul Twin Cities Tandem Club wrote to let us know that they’ve launched a new web site: http://www.twincitytandembike.com/. I checked it out and it’s got a very nice, easy to navigate format and content is starting to be added. Of note on the Latest Events / Ride Schedule links [...] Read more…

Bloggishnish: April 30

No updates to speak of this week as my attention has been focused on getting my motorcycles ready for sale, deciding what to include or exclude to keep the pricing attractive and compiling the ownership, modification and maintenance history the most-likely buyers (BMW enthusiasts, not tire kickers) would be interested in. If you’re curious, here [...] Read more…

Bloggishnish: April 26th

I’m tired of being pollinated! Amazingly, our entire spring-time weather cycle is off by about a month when compared to recent years. March is typically when the yellow blanket of pine pollen begins to fall, followed by the rest of the various tree, shrub and grass pollens as all of the various plants bloom. However, [...] Read more…