DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally posted by Raiyn
[COLOR=blue] FRS's ROCK!! Unfortunatly with yours you will find yourself with a LOT of cross-chatter if you ever decide to use them in an environment where there is a lot of FRS traffic: ( ie: a theme park or convention)
Yeah... I have been keeping an eye on FRS technology for a while now. I knew the FR-530 wasn't a great radio but I did want something cheap for an upcoming ride that is pretty much back-country so I'm not likely to get much cross-talk. I'm keeping my eye on the Garmin Rino 120 which has combined GPS and FRS/GMRS and allows you to beam your position to other Rinos. I like the idea of preparing route maps and downloading them to the unit too.

But, back to the Question At Hand. FRS's are extremely handy whenever your riding with a group of people at different skill levels in fact my girlfriend and I use ours quite regularly for trail riding and the uses listed above.
Do you use an earpiece? Is it sensitive to wind noise when riding? How well does VOX work when riding, do you get lots of "mis-keys" or "missed-keys"?