View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 05:50 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
We have spme 300 pounders riding on 23's. One of my Mod staff is a CLyde that rides on 23 mm tires on a road bike, and has no problems with wheels or tires. He did go with a 36 spoke Velocity Deep V, though, and checks his air pressure daily before each ride. He's heavier than you, and has no issues. 250ish isn't that heavy, except in relation to a skinny roadie.

Originally Posted by CajunGTO
Man, I really appreciate all your suggestions...I have read and read again to take in all comments...One thing that hit me is the recommendations not to go below size 28 tires? Looking at all the Cannondale Synapse, Felt Z series, Specialized, Trek, they have 23 and 25 tires...So, remembering I am in the mid 250 range...What are you suggestions...I dont want to worry about wheel trouble every time I ride my bike... Or can I take those stock rims and change out to the 28 tires????

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant