Old 05-16-10, 09:49 AM
markus_mudd
Coffee Powered commuter

Bikes: Yuba Mundo, Catrike Villager, Easy Racers Tour Easy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I happen to own a Flyer, B-17, and Conquest. They're all on different bikes and their age ranges from 5-9 years old. I don't notice the springs working during my rides but I notice the lack of springiness when I jump on the B-17. It's easy to feel when they're compared side by side. Those spring work like they're supposed to work. It's not meant to feel like four inches of oil damped suspension......Just meant to take the edge off and make for a better day in the saddle.

On my new everyday commuter, I started off with the Flyer saddle but switched out to the B-17 later because the B-17 matched the color of the bike better. The B-17 now felt like I was riding on a cinder block. The shape is perfect and it has just a bit of "give" like it should have but I became aware of how much work the springs on those other saddles were doing. I still ride the B-17 everyday and am happy with it but just want to say those springs on the Flyer and Conquest aren't useless.

I love my B-17 but I don't think I'll buy another one. It'll be a Flyer or whatever the model is when that time comes around.