Old 05-17-10, 11:41 AM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wash DC Bike Clincs....Plz Halp!

Hey all,posting this here since it'll prolly get more hits than in the local forum.

I'm part of a group of folks who are running free bike clinics at local farmer's markets here in DC. I'd like to spread the word so folks needing assistance will know about them,plus we're looking for volunteers. We do basic stuff like adjustments,lubing chains,and fixing flats,plus give advice on maintenance and riding in the area. The attached flyer gives times and locations. Also,we're really in need of volunteers. You don't need to be the reincarnation of Sheldon,just know how to adjust brakes/derailleurs and patch tubes. If you have a workstand you can bring that's cool,but a set of allen wrenches and a screwdriver will do for most of the things we encounter. If interested in volunteering for the Glover Park clinic,you can sign up on the calendar at:
http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/62-6224781287
If you're interested in the other clinics,you can search for 'Farmers Market Bike Clinics' on Facebook,or drop me a line at gloverbikeclinic at yahoo.com and I'll forward your contact info to the other folks.

Thanks a bunch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bikeclinics..JPG (49.3 KB, 5 views)

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X