View Single Post
Old 05-18-10, 08:11 AM
Whiteknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flypaca
Hi, Just a quick question about tires we ride a lot of dirt(improved) roads and have a chance to pick up a pair of Continental touring + tires. Anyone with experiece with them? Enjoy the forum and for a person riding c+v tandems it's been very enlighting.
Thanks for the replies.
Peter
For what it is worth.

I am running a pair of Continental Touring Plus Reflex tires on my Trek Multitrack. I weigh 180 and usually have a big bag on the bag averaging about 25 extra pounds. I have been running the Touring Plus Reflex tires now for almost a year. About 1500 miles. No flats so far. Use them on asphalt paved MUPS and gravel trails. Have run them over coarse rock parking lots. No traction issues and low rolling resistance. I run them at 65 psi normally. So far them have given good handling on any surface I had them on.
I am running the Conti TravelContact Reflex tires on the wife's hybrid. Those also have been free of flat problems and have been good on any surfaces we have been on.

You might want to download the Continental catalog off the Internet. They list several sizes for these tires but it becomes a question of what my local LBS can get.

My Conti's replaced a pair of bontrager Hard Case 700 x 35c tires. The Hard case tires had very high rolling resistance.