Old 05-18-10, 01:08 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
All I can say is, I recently kept myself from bidding on what first looked to be a very nice Vitus Plus Carbone 9 at ebay recently (Could have been a great candidate for my next "Tout French" project........till I saw what looked to be a bolted on, probably cobbled up derailleur hanger holding the RD. A high-line bike like that that was not made in real big numbers just does not look right with a bulky "prosthesis" RD hanger on it! Asked the seller what's going on and he was nice to confirm that it was a repair and he added that "those hangers were very fragile anyway...}. I'll take the explanation as it was as no one is forcing me to bid on and buy the bike anyway......... so the point is, I dont think most of us really have anything personal against "Drew", it just feels really bad when we do encounter real nice, hard to find "dream" bikes that have had amputations done to them, deliberately, or not.......... Drew's just kinda conveniently there, most of the time, to throw our frustration on.........Oh yes, it's Tuesday already!!.....

Chombi