Old 05-22-10, 12:29 AM
fogrider

Bikes: Ron Cooper, Time VXSR, rock lobster, rock lobster, serotta, ritchey, kestrel, paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cedfromfrance
Hello Fogrider, there are so many things you can do around Mont Ventoux, have a go at the Col de Lure for exemple (1826m), this is not far and this is where Alberto Contador lost the Paris Nice this year, great climb almost as hard as the Ventoux and not as famous, you should have a go ! Col de Perty is relatively easy and a nice ride too, the Tour de France take it often as this is a nice way to commute from the Alps to the Pyrenees ! The other good thing around the Ventoux is that you can find so many quiet roads, very nice place for a familly bike ride, challenging but enjoyable You should visit Vaison La Romaine, Dentelles de Montmirail and have a wine taste around Vacqueras and Gigondas (My favorite red wines !...) Why not riding some of this years's Dauphine Libere, St Paul trois Chateaux - Risoul ... If you need more ideas, give me a shout !
thanks for the input! depending on how I feel after alp d huez and ventoux (at least try) well see if I have any legs left.