Old 05-22-10, 08:51 PM
Aaron_F
A guy who rides bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Romans8:28
Everyone is different.... look at history's best climbers and you will see a wide variety of styles (I like Pantani out of the saddle but in the drops), so when all is said and done you need to find what works best for you as an individual.

IMO, high cadence is extremely overrated. Something tells me that if LA did not adopt the style neither would half of the "wannabes". I seem to drop or hang with plenty of folks when the road turns up by simply turning over the peddles a little slower in the big ring. I can't help but laugh when I see someone bouncing on their seat in an attempt to maintain some outrageous cadence, and for what?
I'm with you on this one. On my geared bike, I always tried to keep the cadence the same, no matter if I was climbing or descending. I've been riding a singlespeed almost exclusively since last fall, with a 79.1 gear inch combo, and the slower cadence on climbs keeps my legs fresh once I'm at the top. My city has some massive hills, so it's not like I'm pedaling around Florida or Kansas.