WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Ritterview
  • I wonder if the small logo on the fork is a clue as to what brand it is?
  • My goodness, there are only 24 spokes on the deep dish carbon rims. Thankfully, the are on an officially sanctioned race, so it's okay.
  • No disc brake and carbon braking surface. I guess they don't brake as much on descents.
  • The chainring is Dura Ace, not so the crank. It looks like a square taper. Its a double, too.
  • What with the double crank, 11-23 cassette, and the carbon rims, either this team is terrific at ascending/descending, or these tandem races don't appear to include Alpe d'Huez.
  • Might still be an Edge fork, logo is too small to see clearly.
  • Most of the tandems, if not all of them in the link you gave had rim brakes. Makes my decision to forgo disks seem OK.
  • Look like 85mm 24 spoke front and rear probably used two Gigantex rims that would normally be used in the rear of their wheelsets.
  • Doesn't look like a DA 7400 crank since DA did not have that relief on the backside of the crank arms on the 7400 series (I am looking at my 7401 crank right now).
  • I am sure they have much better bike handling skills than we have and I would bet they can produce hundreds of watts more power than we can. Climbing might not be much of a problem for them.