Old 05-24-10, 09:56 AM
CPFITNESS
Banned

Bikes: Giant Rapid 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant all the way, I bought the Rapid 3 in February and I'm 6'3 235lbs was closer to 250lbs when I bought it, I'm a personal trainer so I'm pretty fit at my weight and push the pedals hard and I live in nyc and ride it on some very rough, potholed roads. It's a very fast bike and all around great performer for me. I use it to commute around the city to my clients but I love it so much I've also been taking it on longer rides between 20-40 miles at least once a week. It's a great bike and it only cost $549 american dollars

BTW, I put kevlar laced specialized armadillos on my bike for flat protection because of my added weight and the nature of NYC streets, i've only had one flat tire from glass since I put them on, I had numerous flats with the stockers in the first 2 weeks. The armadillos are spec'd as 700 x 28 but in reality they measure out to be much larger. A lot of people on here like the gatorskins for flat protection. If your riding on regular streets that are free from debris, the stock ones will probably be fine.

One last thing, the Rapid 3 does have double walled rims. If you go to Giant USA's website and look at the complete specs they are listed as Giant Sport Road double wall

Last edited by CPFITNESS; 05-24-10 at 10:18 AM.