ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6766 Post(s)
Liked 5,477 Times in 3,223 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
I emphasize with your struggle. Riding in pain is no fun. As I look at your photos I notice that your brifters are pretty high on the handlebar. While this might seem counter-intuitive, you might get more relief with them lower on the bars. The way the are positioned right now, your wrists with be slightly cocked and the weight of your upper body compressed on a relatively small area. This can lead to had pain pretty quickly. I'd suggest sliding them down a bit so the weight of your upper body falls in the space between your thumb and forefinger. It's worth a try before buying more equipment.
They look like they are still set up for cross. I don't have a picture of mine but imagine a sort of flat horizontal line out to the horns. I ride a lot with my fore arms resting on the top of the forward running bars and my hands thumbs on top loosely gripping the horns. It's like I've got imaginary bar-ends. I move my hands around a fair amount, too. I'll be deep in the drops (I also have learned to always have a break in my elbows, never lock them - it's like shock absorption) then back to the hoods, maybe I'll sit up a bit with them on the flats and then down to the anatomic bend. I'll still have to shake them every so often to get the blood flowing especially after a couple hours.