View Single Post
Old 05-25-10, 03:23 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
Heh. I really want to be Brooks fan. I like everything about the company but the saddles -- and I'm not trying to be funny. I have just never managed to find one without the pronounced "hammock" shape, which defies a comfortable fit for me regardless of angle. The "aged" saddles appear to me to be flatter than the typical Brooks, especially with the lacing. I've had good comfort with the An-Atomica, but the quality does not match the price, and mine is starting to wear out after 2-3 years of use. I have a VO saddle which is also comfortable, but the build quality is not up to Brooks level. So the search continues...
If you like the feel of the An-Atomica but have issues with the pressure from a standard B-17 in a nose-up position, you might have better luck with the B-17 Imperial. I've got over 10,000 miles on mine and it just keeps getting more comfortable. I had an issue with the standard B-17 causing some pressure problems, especially when I got into longer distances with extended climbs, but the cutout in the Imperial saddle solved those issues.