View Single Post
Old 05-31-10, 12:37 PM
ItsJustMe
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Telkwa
I had a very similar experience with someone from Dinotte a coupla years ago. I emailed and described how I'd taken a small 6V motorcycle battery and wired it to my 200AA. I got a reply stating that the increased amperage capacity of the motorcycle battery would probably kill the light and I should immediately stop doing that.
See, that's what I'm talking about. It's utter bull****. The AA NiMH delivers more than adequate current to make the lighthead burst into flames if it were susceptible to "too much current." Anyone with any damn electronics knowledge at all would know that statement is horsecrap. Circuits draw as much current as they are designed to draw, you could hook them up to a battery the size of a house as long as it's still just putting out 6 volts and it'd be fine.

I respect the company for putting out good products and making them in the US, but when they start just lying to me, I don't appreciate it. If they want to void the warranty due to me hooking it up in a non-approved fashion, that's their choice, but I wish they wouldn't just make crap up to get me to stop doing what they don't like.