View Single Post
Old 05-31-10, 09:41 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Absenth
Actually we were having a discussion at work, another cyclist and I, about the 3 foot passing laws (which Indiana is sadly lacking) and we came up with a rather brilliant idea.

I'm pretty sure If I was cycling with this Jersey on (from http://sharethedamnroad.com)

with this slung over my shoulder (Legal in Indana, although likely to make you popular with law enforcement)

I'd get all the space I needed as motorists passed. Either that or we'd have miles of cars backed up behind me unwilling to pass.
I love it! I have considered strapping a shotgun to my back to increase the distance the carcissists give me when passing, but yours is much more impressive. It might be a bit of a bother on hills though.

When I was moving between houses in town a few years ago, I had some garden implements in one hand on one of the trips. I noticed that on roadways where I am typically given inches of space I was being given several feet. I think the car-critters only notice something if it qualifies as a threat. Holding a large shovel and hoe made me a threat.