View Single Post
Old 06-01-10, 12:58 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
On the clothing side- I wear what is comfortable and that is cycling specific stuff. Don't own any "Team" colours but that is because I haven't liked the fit or the material. It is shaped for the physical exertion that I hope I am going to put in and also has the other property in that it keeps me cool when hot and warm when cold. Just wish I had worn the full weather gear last saturday when it rained for a 30 mile ride and I finished up rather damp.

On the riding side- Good sunny warm morning and plenty of bikes all over the UK. Plenty of cycling clubs around so I often see groups of riders in their club colours going at a pace that I would love to achieve and on bikes that any enthusiast would love to own. The riding population are split into 2 or 3 groups though. You have the Fit ones on Mid to high end bikes in proper cycling clothes and with the bikes set up properly. Then you have the ones that just enjoy cycling and they have an asortment of bikes but still have the proper clothing as they have found out it works. Then you have the ones that just ride a bike for exercise- to lose weight or mum and dad taking the family out. They wear whatever they like and I can't knock them for that.

Bike set up is down to individuals. I ride with the bars lower than the saddle because it is comfortable for me- Except on the MTB's but they are set up for a different type of riding. And as for Team colours- Stuart and I often get accused of Wearing it as on our long hard rides we do have a sponsor that provides his clothing for advertising- Even down to the really comfortable socks that he provides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
south downs way 2004 008..jpg (66.0 KB, 35 views)

Spike Milligan