roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mrvile
Yeah that's what I kind of figured. I'm not so familiar with way uptown NYC, I just understand that a lot of it isn't so great and I'm a nancy boy in my lycra so I'm going to have to figure something out.
Broadway is fine going to take from Yonkers into the Bronx, it's not like the old days and I used to ride in then too and never had any problems in rough neighborhoods. You can take Broadway into Inwood (first neighborhood in northern Manhattan) up to Dyckman Street then make a right on Riverside Drive which will lead you right to the entrance of the Greenway. If you want a nice little hill take Broadway through Washington Heights as there's an ok 1/2 mile climb then you can take the Greenway at 181st and Riverside Drive. I beg to differ with mrvile because if you want to see NYC then going through the northern section of Manhattan gives you a taste of the neighborhoods, and all of them are quite safe. As I mentioned earlier, I've ridden through just about every neighborhood in the city by bike at all hours of the day and night and never had a problem except the one time some kids on BMX bikes tried to chase me down which happened in Midtown not Uptown.

Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe
You should be scared, riding a bike in NYC. NYC has had strict gun control since the 1930s. This means the thugs know you're unarmed prey.

Better to move to a Free state like Texas. The drivers are still madmen, but if a gang gives you trouble, you can deal in lead.