Old 06-05-10, 10:08 AM
The Human Car
-=Barry=-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Digital_Cowboy
In your case does "no bikes allowed" really pertain to bikes being walked? I don't blame you for not wanting to use that campground again. What did the ranger say to you? What did he say to the "irate" person?
The Ranger said he got a complaint that we were riding our bikes on the trail and I clarified that we were walking our bikes back to the campground. And he just said OK. I asked if he would mind letting the person know who complained that it was OK to walk bikes as they really scared my son. And said something about just letting it go.

The funny thing is a few months later a "irate" Prius driver pulls along side me and says this (35mph) road is a highway and bikes are not allowed and that he is doing more for the environment with his Prius then what I will ever do with my bike. And I am thinking is this the same jerk as the campground? He really looked and acted similar. Anyway I told him; you must be lost, the bike free highway is just a couple miles west, it's called I-83, you can't miss it.
. . /L
=()>()