View Single Post
Old 04-23-05, 08:57 AM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Heh I'm still using the 2000 version of autocad.
I just click the hatch icon, it's quick and dirty, works pretty much like bhatch cept i don't have to take my hands off the mouse. Brings up a menu, select pick points, and I literally just select inside the boundary and I'm done.

If you use the keyboard a lot, see if you can get a keyboard with that IBM nipple in the center for moving the cursor. I used an ibm laptop for 4 years using autocad that way and it was great, I get cursor manipulation plus i get to type without taking my hands off the keyboard.

I moved over to inventor about 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. I can create a machined part, do the solid model, create a 2D shop drawing from the solid model, do all the section and broken views, dimension tolerance and surface it, then export the solid model out to SAT or whatever and get it down to CNC in less than an hour.
Then I can use the same solid model, stick it into an assembly of parts, do kinematics and interference, fea the sucker in about half an hour.
Then shade and texture the assembly, export the picture out to marketting to use in our catalog, a whole design takes less than 2 hours for something that has 3-4 parts.