Old 06-06-10, 09:32 AM
mindundi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've made the preliminary test with an awful result: at home, setting the bike, the 46 chainring has some screws, one of them in the inner side rubbed with the rear drop of the frame (sorry for my language), so I filed it and it appeared to work well, but in the road, after two or three hundred meters, I began to hear that horrible sound again, so I'm afraid that the 11-36 rear bends in some way the front compact crank, or only the chainring. I guess that with two chainrings the crankset is stronger, but I'm not sure if that it's only that the 46 chainring is really of bad quality, I'll make this afternoon more tests. I don't know either if the chainring is purposed only to be the biggest in a compact crankset, it didn't indicated nothing in the box. I've tried also to put the chainring in the biggest position, but there the chain slides to the left, and jumps off the chainring. I'll try to see also if a 11-34 makes not so much strength in the set, the 11-36 casette was really at first a 12-36, I just removed the 12 and put instead the 11, perhaps this has to do something with it, as well.

I've decided to setup the bike so because I'm really fed up of the chain rubbing against the front derailleur, and taking time to set it, also to gain some weight. But If I can not to do it, I'll have to get back to the compact with the laborious (for me) front derailleur again, I'm afraid.

I've just realized that I've installed the bottom bracket without washers between the crank side and the frame, and it seems it needs at least one, I first installed it with two, but I had problems tightening the BB wheel, so I removed both. I will install it with one only and hopefully fix the problem.

Last edited by mindundi; 06-06-10 at 11:45 AM.