igno-mtb

Bikes: 05 Specialized Rockhopper. mid 90's Gary Fisher Wahoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rockhopper car crash - help!

Hello,
yesterday I was driving tru the city with my bike loaded on the rack, waiting for a light to change, the car that was behind me hit my car and most of the damage done was to the bike's frame. It was nothing huge at the beginning but then I realized that it actually made a hump in the down tube very near the bottom bracket. I believe the frame is no good anymore. Since the guy that hit me has insurance, they should cover for the expense of a new frame, however, I would like to know what to expect. Insurance companies usually don't pay what is worth it and I don't really know what the price of a frame like mine is. We are talking about a Rockhopper 2005, base model. I called specialized to ask for some kind of quote and they forwarded me to any of their authorized distributors who at the same time said they won't know about that. I would love to have a Rockhopper frame, even pay specialized for it as if it was a payed warranty but they just don't work this way. Surfing the net I can only see that a similar frame might be the Access SL from Performance or the Sette Reken. both at around 100 bucks. Would any of you have any suggestions for a similar frame so I know how much should I charge the insurance company and/or any word of advise in this condition? I would appreciate it very much.