Old 06-09-10, 01:50 PM
AngrySaki
Socrates Johnson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Homemade handlebar bag

I didn't want to get rid of my aerobars, but was really starting to miss having a handlebar bag, so I decided to make one. It's pretty much cordura fabric, cloroplast and velcro.

My brother does a lot of silk screening, so I got him to put some stuff on my bag

I'm probably going to add more compartments, or things to hold specific items/tools, since I have a problem with my bags becoming a big mess. The center part opens too, but I guess I forgot to get a picture of that.

I super want some STIs with internal cable routing, the derailleur cables aren't too much in the way, but they make it hard to get the bag on and off.

I still need to do a bit of work on the bag. I need to re-sew some parts of the bag when i have access to a good sewing machine (I had to do everything by hand because my sewing machine couldn't handle the thickness of the material).
I'd also like to think up a better system of straps to make it easier to get the bag on and off.
I'm also considering doing something about waterproofness, the material is waterrpoof, but not the design. I might just make a raincover for the whole thing that would sit on top of the aerobars.