View Single Post
Old 06-09-10, 02:43 PM
markrj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New member here. I just purchased a TREK 7300 last weekend and I am having a blast!

I started biking again about two weeks ago after many years away. I need to shed about 65-70 lbs and just hate boring workouts, etc. I though cycling would be the way to go so I pumped up the tires of my 22 year old GT Karakoram MTB and quickly realized that I was not as young as I used to be! Needed something that would provide some comfortable rides and after some research here and advice from the guys at the LBS I decided to go the hybrid route. I didn't want to spend a ton of money and thought that the 7300 represented the best value for my budget. Of course I had to add a few "upgrades"

Shimano PD-M324 Pedal Updgrade (also purchased a pair of Bontrager RL shoes. I used to use clips and straps. I am still getting used to these but I like them a lot. If I go on a casual ride with the family I can just use the platform side and normal shoes.

216 mm wide Serfas Cruiser E-Gel Saddle and Bontrager Sadle Bag for Xtra Tube, Tools, CO2 etc.

Cockpit view.

Man is this a comfortable bike!