View Single Post
Old 06-10-10, 11:35 AM
fishmel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mandatory...

So I never actually thought 4 years ago when I started racing that I would ever be anything other than your average Cat 4 racer who was out to have fun and challenge myself against others. Somehow I made it to the 3s, and as of last weekend after the Mt Hood Classic Stage race, I just bumped up to 42 points.

Having seen how brutal the P/1/2 version of most Stage and single day races are, I am having a real hard time wanting to alert anyone to push the upgrade through. I guess I could be considered a decent Cat 3, but I still get my ass handed to me on any given day, in any given race by fellow 3s. My points did not come in a dominating rush, as they do for some, but very spread out thoughout the year.

Due to work and family my training and racing this year has taken a hit, and I don't see it getting any better in the years to come. This, I assume, would effect my ability to even be with the pack in any P/1/2 stage races (the type of racing I enjoy the most). I did just turn 40 this year so the Masters racing is an option, not that it is easier just that the length of the races is more in line with the Cat 3 distances.

10 of my upgrade points will expire in a week, this will deal with the mandatory aspect if I keep a low profile and don't race till then. The question I wanted to throw out there is , "What would you do?" I know that I have to make up my own mind, but since I have been contemplating this, I thought I would ask.

Secondly, anyone upgrade to a 2 and realize it was really not worth it.

Thanks