Old 06-11-10, 05:53 PM
mike868y

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Tarmac Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
You just need to find a used of NOS specialized E3 allez. Or was it E4? I can't remember, but grolby has one and they're sick. Or just buy a caadx new/used/whatever. Sell the fuji. I don't know.

Leo's solution is great, though I'd probably run 10 speed 105 on the backup just so wheel swaps wouldn't require a cassette change as well, but that's because I have a 105 drivetrain sitting around in my parts bin (sans crank). I really want a 7800 crank to make my caad9 full DA, but it's not getting anywhere near enough to justify that kind of expenditure. I've been contemplating selling it and building up the steel trek with the 105 bits to have a road bike.
Well next I'd like to add a cross bike to my "stable," then a more proper secondary race bike will be more of a priority.

If I had a lot of $$, I would probably get two caad9s with rival, one with heavy wheels, bars, stem, etc. as a training bike and a nicer one as a race bike.

A buddy of mine who races cat 3 for colavita has two cervelo r3s - one as his training bike and one as his nice bike, but they are both very nice. Totally a sick solution.