View Single Post
Old 06-12-10, 02:17 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Hello IMHO this is a repainted and labeled bike. it may have started life as a Bianchi Alfana from about '90. in my opinion the color scheme and the decals do not match with the lugged steel frame with horizontal dropouts, the style of the headbadge decal does not match the tubing decals. most Bianchis with 105 components from the time period of that yellow and celeste paint woulf have STI shifters or "brifters". the brake cable through the TT looks odd too.

I'll digout my catalogs but I still think this is likely a early '90s Alfana (but the cable routing bothers me) repainted and Ceasar was the owner.

also asdie from a tuneup it certainly needs rear brakepads.

OK I just looked through my catalogs and I still don't like the looks of this bike. I am missing the '97 + 2001 catalogs but some things still look off to me.

the only frame I see that comes close is a Columbus SBX from '92ish but the cable on that frame enters and leave the TT on the left side not the top in the, and it has a chromed rear triangle and I can't understand why anyone would repaint it.

I know specs change but going from '98 to 2002 I see no frames (other than the earlier mentioned SBX) that have all three things; longish horizontal dropouts, luggs and that in on the side out on the top cable routing.

if the seller can tell you if there is a B on the downtube/headtube lug or the brand of the dropouts we may get a better answer. but I think this not a Bianchi

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 06-12-10 at 03:07 PM. Reason: add information