View Single Post
Old 06-15-10, 02:21 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18398 Post(s)
Liked 15,494 Times in 7,317 Posts
Originally Posted by MrClyde
Good point. And sometimes, when a paceline passes a rider, they try and get behind the wheel of the first rider that passes, not realizing there are 12 more riders in line! I have seen that happen several times on rides.
If I am back a ways in the line I will say "Hold your line" in order to alert those we are passing that the paceline isn't finished and thus they should not swing out to join or to pass someone in front of them.

However, unless I am absolutely sure of it, I will never let someone know if I am at the end. On large rides you may be at the end at one point but then have 12 people jump on the back without knowing it. Sometimes you just can't look back.

As for the constant "On your left," live with it. It's for your own safety and the safety of others. And it is almost always asked for by the ride sponsor.

As for being schooled on road etiquette, if you are doing something like riding all over the road trying to get up a hill you warrant it, whether you are 130 lbs. or 330 lbs.