Old 06-15-10, 03:13 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Hmmm, works for me. Not sure how avoiding carbs for a few days, eating salads, veges for a few days then eating a big past dinner the nigth before (so the bod stores the carbs) is an excuse for pigging out.

On a big effort ride like Ride Around the Bear, I eat a big dinner the night before (pasta) and a big breakfast the morning of the ride. I stop at just about every stop and eat a fig newton or two, or half a banana. At the 60 mile point, a turkey sandwich. All I use is some gatorade and water.

I dont feel the need to waste my money on fancy supplement stuff. On some training rides, others have tried to talk me into buying the expensive junk. Well maybe if they were ahead of me, I'd consider it. My thoughts are maybe they ought to invest in a $10 tub of Gatorade powder!
I think the best use of the Gatorade powder is to kill the plastic taste of the bottles. The way you energize depends on your riding style, if you absolutely must do your ride, by staying in the saddle the whole time, and not stopping at any point, then your pretty much limited to the supplement stuff. Most of which is designed for long distance racers, like the guys in the TdF. However if you stop here and there, anyway, then real food is a better way to go.