View Single Post
Old 06-19-10, 01:16 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Update on TCR set up.

Couple of points have come about in riding the TCR this week. If you remember-it has been out on loan for a long time and although I thought it was set up right for me at the start of last winter- When I got it back it did not quite feel right. Comparing set up to Boreas and the bars were higher so lower the bars and out for a ride. Just lowering the bars by taking spacers out from underneath the stem worked. The bike felt as though it wanted to go due to the new body "Stance" and the bike definitely felt more comfortable.

But another thing has been corrected by lowering the bars. I always felt that the bar stem was just a tad too long. Not by much but in comparison to Boreas- but it was just a bit too long. That problem is no longer there.

So just a warning to most of you-Minor changes in set up of bikes can change the characteristics of the ride. They may not always be benificial either.

Another couple of things I noticed aswell. Boreas has a mirror fitted to the drops and I have been thinking about taking it off. I never use it and I keep knocking it out of position. But on the ride on the TCR last weekend I kept looking for the mirror. And pedals- Used the A 530's last week as I couldn't get the A520's I normally use. Had my doubts about them as they are more of a Hybrid pedal and they give an Exposed cleat position. Didn't notice the difference in pedals on the 35 mile ride last weekend.

Spike Milligan