Old 06-20-10, 09:21 AM
Captain Jake
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Sterling Road bike, Chromolly Specialized Allez, Bianchi was given to me don't know model

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saddle Up
In the part of the world that I live in the year seems to go like this, 7 months of winter, 4 months of bad weather and August. Here we are in June and Handsome Devil is sold out of most of their products. If I was looking for a new bike and the HD was one of my choices it would simply be eliminated, the riding season is way to short for me to wait months to get a bike.

Just wondering if selling bikes is a business or just a hobby for these guys? Chances are I could find a Surly today!
I think it's a business for them that they started about a year and a half ago, I don't think you could financially support offering frames as a hobby. For me I have a bunch of bikes already and I'm looking for a bike more to switch out with the Tricross, so finding the right bike is more important than just finding a bike. I also live in Tampa which is miserably hot until about November so there is still plenty of time before it's really nice to ride, and I have my left arm in a sling for another month and then have to do some rehab on it before I can really start biking. So the immediacy isn't essential but at the same time I don' like waiting.

The reason I don't go for the Surly is because it's a bike that quite simply has much more support than anyone else out there, and I don't really like supporting the company that has been able to spread it's image best, that being said the CC is a great bike, I'd just rather get a frame from a smaller company.

Does anyone know anything about the Velo Orange Polyvalent? I suppose this is probably not the place to ask but it seems to fit my needs pretty well, it has a 650b wheel size which is a bit weird, but I've never tried a 650b bike so maybe it's the way to go.