View Single Post
Old 06-22-10, 03:14 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
Lucky for him he didn't show you your old bike before you took him shopping for the new one. Let's hope he will take better care of his nice new bike.
+1

I have a problem with the kids in the road. I maintain their bikes when I see them- but I still get the knock on the door and "Can you fix my bike?" Trying to find out what is wrong with it as the only answer is- "It doesn't work". So quick ride and I now have spare bikes to loan them while I strip their bikes down for a complete rebuild.

Luckily it is mainly girls in the road and I now have two girls bikes for them to use but poor Chris has to borrow my MTB while his Wally Mart special is being degunged and rebuilt. Poor Chris? Because he knows that I am going to be taking him out on a proper ride when his bike is rebuilt- just to check that it is not going to fall apart again and to see if his legs can still beat me to the cafe 5 miles up the MUP---And he buys Breakfast.

But I am lucky- the bikes in the road are cr*p and they are not mine. If I were to get a bike back, as you have, whenever I loan one out I think I would cry- But I would blame it on the parents. For not getting him a better bike in the first place and then making him clean and maintain it every week.

But have to admit that My kids never cleaned their bikes either and I think it was them yelling out a few years ago "Dad---My bike doesn't work"

Spike Milligan