UniGeezer
Not "2" Tired

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Thumbs up 100 mile unicycle ride for American Cancer Society

Hello all,

On Sunday, July 11th, I will be embarking on my first (and maybe only ever) solo 100 mile unicycle ride, to help benefit the American Cancer Society, and also as a personal challenge. I hope you will join me in making a donation for this very worthy cause.
Please click here.

Twins Bike shop in Lomita, CA will be sponsoring my ride, which will start at the bike shop at approximately 5:30am, and be completed sometime between 5-7pm!I’ll be riding my 36″ touring unicycle, and this epic ride will take me to Huntington pier, then doubling back, and continuing onto the start of the bike path at Torrance beach. From there I will ride the entire length of the bike path to Will Rogers state beach, then double back to Torrance beach, and finally back to my home in Lomita. 102 miles total!

Since I have no gears and can never coast, I will be pedaling continuously for about 11 hours, and pedaling a staggering 56,000 wheel revolutions! Everyone is welcome to ride along (on your bike most likely!) for part of the ride, or the whole distance.

Hope to see you somewhere along the way!

Terry Peterson
UniGeezer.com
"Over 50, and not "2" Tired!

Last edited by UniGeezer; 06-23-10 at 11:06 AM.