Old 06-23-10, 10:20 AM
nekohime
I... Don't care.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim
The standard bag is too tall for the S model. As a man with any admitted "bag problem" I probably already own something that will work for larger trips. Looking at bags on the Brompton site I think my extra large Mountainsmith Messenger II might just work with the rack for a Brompton. This is a discontinued bag that is positively huge but not very tall. it already has an internal frame of sorts and I am handy with a sewing machine.
I use the s-bag for my Vendetta (Brompton M6L). I find that it's a great size for just normal every day going about. I bring my wallet, netbook, cellphone, Nintendo DSi, lunch and snacks, various papers, makeup, meds, and various odds and ends and they all fit nicely into the bag with a bit of room to spare. I also have a bigger carradice bag, but I almost never use it because I don't carry THAT much stuff. If it didn't go so well with Vendetta's color and my planned honey brooks and honey leather mudflaps I would've sold it already.

When I need to go shopping with Vendetta, I use the s-bag plus a Klickfix basket (bought from ThorUSA) which I attach to the seatpost. This is what it looks like in parked and shopping modes:

Personally, I find this setup very useful, and I can just roll the brommie around instead of using a cart. Who knows what nasties live in carts! At least I know my bag gets washed every week. I just ride up to the store, fold, roll it in, roll it out, unfold, and ride. The only downside is that if you load up the rear basket too much it gets a bit hard to unfold, but it's not a biggie.

Oh wait you said talk you OUT of buying a brompton. Um...well, it's...er...um...no, can't. I'm a happy brommie owner. I was a poor college student when I bought it, and I'm a poor college grad now, but I love the heck out of this thing and would not sell it for anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P9131169..jpg (93.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg
P9131162..jpg (90.8 KB, 79 views)