Old 04-26-05, 01:19 PM
Conundrum

Bikes: 2013 Giant Defy Advanced SL1 Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talk me out of this - PLEASE

I bought my first non wally world bike on 2/5/05 - a really impressive Giant Boulder SE. Its a great bike despite the component short comings. In that time I've put 350 miles on it. About a 1/3 on single track and the rest on the road. At the same time I bought my wife a Giant Sedona LX, which has about 200 miles on just because she doesn't get the opportunity to ride as much.

So here's what I want you to talk me out of. Last weekend my wife and I were riding the local trails and we swapped bikes. I rode her Sedona (a mountain based hybrid) and she rode my Boulder. After 10 minutes I heard her yelling that she was "addicted." After that I told her she really needed to get a different bike cause the Sedona just wasn't built for single track. She suggested I buy a new bike and give her my Boulder (we ride the same size). Now two days later I am seriously considering the following:

Purcahsing at one time: one Giant NRS for me (I was set on a hardtail, but LBS has just about convinced me to go this route), one Giant Trance 3 for her, and one Giant TCR 2 for me (cause I'm riding the roads more than dirt anyway).

I had planned on a road bike in the future anyway. I just figured to go on and do it all in one shot in hopes that I can work out a better deal with the LBS. Given that I didn't even own a bike 4 months ago I can't believe that I'm even considering this - HELP ME PLEASE. Should I wait until we both have more time than 4 months?, or go ahead and dive in head first? While I'm at it I'll make this a what bike thread and ask for suggestions on that. Due to LBS I really only have access to Giant, Specialized (limited) and Trek. Thanks and sorry for the long post.