Old 06-24-10, 11:36 AM
dscheidt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
OK what I do not understand is why the bearded grouch at the bike shop won't sell you these parts and or build the wheels. as long as what you are doing is not putting you in immediate danger there is no reason why he should not get you the parts you need. his chioce of wheels could fail just as well as yours, his opinion of whether his are better than yours should not affect him serving you.

he should help you build what you want he is there to serve you and keep you coming back.

why Sapim? what is wrong with DT or Wheelsmith?

one more thing. if my customer wanted a kickstand on a Merlin or litespeed I would happily put it on, provided he was not racing. I may not like it but the customer feels it is important.
yeah, but you're not a bearded grouch. Part of the bearded grouch ethos is not helping people do (things the bearded grouch thinks are) stupid things. He, no doubt, thinks that bladed spokes are dumb for non-racers, and particularly dumb in 32 spoke wheels, and especially particularly dumb in the hands of an inexperienced wheel builder.