View Single Post
Old 06-25-10, 09:46 PM
z90

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker 2010 , Felt Z90 2008, Rans Rocket 2001, Specialized Hardrock 1989

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redsparrow View Post
Well I'm looking for a replacement for my full-on road bike (Lemond Maillot Jaune). The Lemond is too big for me and I figure I'll get something a touch more practical at the same time. I'll also be using it for commuting and would like to put my change of clothes on a rack rather than a backpack. (Little rack-top bag, not panniers.) I don't plan on doing any racing. I've done a century on the Lemond and in a few years might want to get back to that sort of riding with this bike.
For this, especially the commuting part, especially considering you live in Ottawa, I'd get something that can take fenders and fatter tires. Who knows, you may decide you want to run studded tires on it, and it would be nice to have the option. What about Soma's cross frame? Have you looked at Surly's frames? I bought a complete Long Haul Trucker and for commuting it is great. Also, a quick search for "SOMA ES frame" turns up some places that appear to be selling silver and blue frames (maybe last year's model?)