View Single Post
Old 06-28-10, 09:04 AM
elihu23

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stockholm
I live on Söder, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe and work just across the Årsta bridge some 3-4 km away. When I'm up for it (and when I'm less pregnant) I go the long way home or there.

Plenty of people use their bikes all year round, but yeah -- there's an significant increase as the light and warmth returns each spring. I'd say at my office, maybe 20-30% or so commute by bike all year, and we can all store our bikes in a locked garage along with the cars. Bicyclists and bikes are considered normal and healthy in general, but obviously in downtown Stockholm, there's a war going on between buses, commuters, cars, and hipsters and messengers... (We're doing our best channeling NYC, for some reason
God bless you and the baby to come! Seems that you have a nice healthy bicycle environment. I can certainly relate to the traffic wars. I try not to engage on the road. I try to be like water, I see a crack in the traffic and I fill it. If a truck wants to pass, I move with the wave. It's the buses thatI find unreasonable--a menace to cyclist and motorist alike. Who's winning the argument over there?