Old 06-28-10, 11:44 AM
HC203

Bikes: Madone 08,Trek520,Bianchi Pista,Raleigh Tandem,Cdale SuperV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greaterbrown
Safe is relative. You can just as easily say that our roads are not safe for drivers.
I think the real lesson here is that drunk drivers should lose their license first time, no questions.

NR, Glad to know you're home. Start the perpetuum drip for Friday.
I agree with all that. I guess that I shouldn't even say "our roads" are unsafe, that's just tar, more like our culture, our laws, and our collective American attitude make the roads unsafe, and yes for motorists as well, but you're deluding yourself if you think they even face a small fraction of the potential for death that we do. Air bags, steel, etc. Pedestrians, they're f-ed too, it's all about the CAR. 90% of my morning ride is really not riding at all but trying not to get killed. I look back whenever I hear a car off, so I can stare at them, or wave, I'm double checking intersections, I'm getting behind my riding partners so the Dinotte can be seen. My new approach is if I can spit on your car you are too close, really fun with convertables. I know, doesn't do anything to help our cause, but really, what cause?

Looking forward to some good long empty roads (relatively) in the ADK, but they're dangerous too, just one pick up truck.