View Single Post
Old 06-28-10, 02:06 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
I guess what I am asking is does anyone else ride with unpadded clothing and if so, what and where as I am having a hard time replacing my increasingly worn clothing, have run through my spares and find nothing but Lycra with these huge depends like pads in them.

I guess maybe I am the only one, I don't hurt, my rear does not get sore, I do not go numb, I have no issues UNLESS I use padded clothing.

I do notice one thing, while I never quit riding, for some time I had not ridden much and due to a job change and other factors my weight had increased to 210 pounds and when I started doing mileage again and getting serious my rear did hurt some initially but now that I am back down to 164 pounds (5-11), I feel fine in the saddle even after many miles including a recent 100 mile ride. I did purchase one and then two more BG Avatar saddles as I said, the saddle is not soft but it feels good and I would rather the saddle do the work for me.

Yes, chamois, unpadded, that would be fine but pure, unpadded chamois shorts are harder to find than unpadded stuff. I would alos like clothing without all of the funny color and graphics

Oh well, maybe go back to the Speedo.